– Several regional volunteer fire and emergency service companies in the 102nd Legislative District have been awarded grants by the Commonwealth to aid in their mission of protecting lives and property, Rep. Russ Diamond (R-Lebanon) said today.
“Our volunteer fire and emergency service volunteers are the heroes of our community,” said Diamond. “These grants help our local volunteers afford equipment upgrades, additional training and other resources to keep us safe. I thank the Emergency Management Agency and the Office of the State Fire Commissioner for awarding our local services with these grants.”
The grants are funded with state gaming proceeds and are administered by the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and the Office of the State Fire Commissioner. This program was created by the Legislature.
The grants were awarded as follows:
• Bunker Hill Fire Company, Lebanon - $12,467.96.
• Citizens Fire Company, Lebanon - $14,248.
• Cleona Fire Company No.1, Cleona - $12,194.10.
• Ebenezer Volunteer Fire Company, Lebanon - $11,000.
• Fredericksburg Fire Company No.1, Fredericksburg - $12,467.96.
• Friendship Fire Company, Lebanon - $12,467.96.
• Glenn Lebanon Fire Company, Lebanon - $12,467.96.
• Goodwill Fire Company No.1, Myerstown - $12,878.74.
• Keystone Hook and Ladder Company No.1, Myerstown - $14,111.10.
• Kutztown Volunteer Community Fire Company, Myerstown - $12,467.96.
• Mt. Zion Community Fire Company, Lebanon - $11,920.24
• Myerstown First Aid Unit, Myerstown - $9,192.44.
• Neptune Fire Company No.1, Richland - $13,426.46
• Newmanstown Volunteer Fire Company, Newmanstown - $12,331.03.
• Prescott Community Fire Company, Lebanon - $12,331.03.
• Rural Security Fire Company, Lebanon - $12,604.88.
• Schaefferstown Volunteer Fire Company No.1, Schaefferstown - $12, 057.17.
• Speedwell Engine and Hose Company, Lebanon - $11,646.38.
• Union Hose Fire Company of Annville Inc., Annville - $13,700.31.
Representative Russ Diamond
102nd Legislative District
Pennsylvania House of Representatives
Media Contact: Alison Haas, 717.772.9843